We recommend that you visit Headway UK's website for comprehensive information about brain injury. They have a large range of factsheets available on-line, as well as booklets available on a range of areas.
Did you know?
- Weight. The brain weighs about 3 lbs
- Water. About 75% of the brain is made up of water
- Neurons. Your brain has about 100 billion neurons (brain cells)
- Pain. The brain feels no pain because it has no pain receptors
- Blood vessels. There are 100,000 miles of blood vessels in the brain